Spirits of Japan Tour
Spirit and spirits blend seamlessly on this journey through the best of Japan, celebrating the Japanese culture for its quest for continuous
improvement and the pursuit of perfection. From the intricate smooth notes of the world's best single malt whisky to the most coveted three Michelin star sushi, the soul of Japan is manifested on this tour through every mouthful, sip, and sight that embody the dedication and craftsmanship of
its master distillers, artisans, and chefs. This 12-day tour summons to indulge on the most incomparable of experiences Japan has to offer.
- Savor the rounded brilliance of the world's best whisky with a tour of Suntory Yamazaki Distillery, its Single Malt Sherry Cask 2013 winning the lauded title in Jim Murray's 2015 Whisky Bible.
- Indulge in the world's most coveted sushi at a three Michelin star restaurant, SukiyabashiJiro, popularized by the documentary Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
- Explore the pursuit of perfection with a tour through the sake breweries that date as far back as the 1600's in Kyoto and Takayama, an ancient town that delights in its enigmatic charm.
- Discover the award winning Nikka malt whiskies at the Miyagikyo Distillery, recently voted whisky Distiller of the Year for 2015 by the International Spirits Challenge.
- Enjoy a change of pace and taste as you tour Osaka's beer breweries, including the first brewery of the #1 selling beer in Japan, Asahi Super Dry.
- Experience Japan's treasured sites, with private guided tours of Tokyo, Takayama, Kanazawa, Kyoto, and Osaka including, majestic gardens, golden pavilions, and castles.
- Journey through the very best of Japanese culinary perfection that travel the evocative depth of local cuisine and seasonal ingredients, including kaiseki, sushi, teppanyaki and tsukemen.
TRIP AT A GLANCE
- Day 1 Tokyo - KonichiwaFrom the World Whisky Distiller of the Year
- Day 2 Tokyo - The Eclectic Treasures of Tokyo
- Day 3 Tokyo - Whisky Beneath Mount Fuji and Authentic Kobe Beef
- Day 4 Takayama - Exploring Japan's Sake Heritage in Takayama
- Day 5 Takayama to Kanazawa - Japanese Culinary Delicacies and Gardens of Splendor
- Day 6 Kanazawa - Ancient Sake and the Charms of Kanazawa
- Day 7 Kyoto - Understanding the Craft of Kyoto's Spirits
- Day 8 Kyoto - The Temples and Architecture of Ancient Kyoto
- Day 9 Kyoto - The World's Best Whisky
- Day 10 Osaka - Exploring Japan's Best Beers
- Day 11 Osaka - Iconic Beer and an Iconic Castle
- Day 12 Tokyo - the World's Most Coveted Sushi Restaurant - SukiyabashiJiro
- Day 13 Tokyo - Departure
Tokyo, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Akihabara, Ginza, Hakone, Takayama, Kanazawa, Higashi District, Kazue-Machi Chaya District, Kyoto, Fushimi, Suntory, Osaka
PRICE ON REQUEST